Marangu Route 6 Days
MARANGU ROUTE this is the most popular route known as the ‘coca-cola route’, Due to their uniqueness is the oldest and one of the most preferable routes. Many agree that, this is the easiest and shortest route to Kilimanjaro summit point, given its gradual slope.
Although is the easiest route because no technical skills are required for this five-day trek. It is not as scenic as other routes. However, some prefer this route because it is the only route on the mountain that has huts provided for hikers.
There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut. During peak season these huts can be very overloaded so as advance booking of hut accommodation is required to avoid any inconveniences
The Marangu route is usually done in 5 days; we would highly recommend all to add an additional day for better acclimatization.
ARRIVE IN TANZANIA
Arrive at the Kilimanjaro International Airport where you will be meet with All weather adventures representative, picked up there and transfer to hotel in Moshi town. Then you will meet your guide who will brief you on your upcoming trek and do an equipment check to make sure you have all the necessary mountain gear. Gear which is missing can be rented on this day.
Hotel: Bed & Breakfast
|5 DAYS CLIMB + 2 DAYS IN HOTEL||1 Person||2-4 Persons||5-7 Persons||8-10 Persons||11+ Persons|
|MARANGU ROUTE||$1,780||$1,660||$1,600||$1,560||$1,500||Compare Prices|
Please rotate your phone into landscape to see the price table. Thank you!
The climb cost includes:
- Pick up at International Airport;
- Transfer to the hotel Parkview inn or Kilimanjaro wonders hotel
- Professional mountain crew. Each participant will be provided with a porter (who can carry up to 15 kg of personal baggage);
- Fair wages for the mountain crew as approved by the Kilimanjaro National Park Authority (KINAPA), Kilimanjaro Association of Tour Operators (KIATO)
- Kilimanjaro National Park permits.
- Kilimanjaro National Park rescue fees
- Camping/hut fees
- 3 meals daily while on the mountain. The menu includes different soups, garnishes, several types of fish and meat, fresh fruit and vegetables; vegetarian options are available upon request
- Modern tents
- First aid kit
- Warm and comfortable sleeping pads (2 inches thick)
- Portable flush toilets can be provided for free upon clients request
- Group equipment (dining tent, table, chairs, crockery and cutlery)
- Meeting the group at the National Park exit and transfer to the hotel
- Accommodation after the climb
- International certificates for a successful ascent
- Return transfer to Kilimanjaro airport.
The climb cost excludes:
- Flights tickets
- Visa fee
- Personal gear rental
- Items of a personal nature
- Laundry services
- Tips for the mountain
Tip on mountain Kilimanjaro is recommended for group sharing as following:
- Guide $15 – $20 per day
- Cook $10 – $15 per day
- Porter $8 – $10 per day